A Bit About Redbird Wine Director Matt Fosket
1. Matt was born and raised in Juneau, Alaska.
2. At 20 years old, he started his career in wine at The Painted Lady in Oregon, where owners Allen Routt and Jessica Bagley later encouraged him to take the Court of Master Sommeliers Exam.
3. Matt’s go-to grape variety is Pinot Noir, a nod to one of three used to make Champagne.
4. When not drinking wine, his cocktails of choice are a Daquiri or a Jungle Bird in the afternoon and a Sazerac in the evening.
5. After initially moving to Los Angeles to open The NoMad, Matt is excited to continue sharing new, often difficult to obtain, wines with guests.
6. His best days off entail visiting Leo Carrillo State Beach in Malibu with his wife and Miniature Schnauzer, Asta, followed by fish tacos.
7. Matt would love to have a glass of wine with Bob Dylan.
8. His favorite dish on the Redbird menu is the Torchietti with foraged mushrooms, english peas, thyme and garrotxa paired with Rolet Poulsard.
9. Matt also writes and records music. He released an album on vinyl in early 2020 under the name “Yonder House.”
10. He strongly believes champagne should be consumed every single day.